Followers

Monday 23 January 2017

With Deep Sadness

It was with deep sadness that I read on Face Book yesterday that the lovely Jayne Nestorenko had passed away after a long battle with Cancer. There were two people who inspired my obsession with stamping, one of them was this lady. I would love to watch her shows on Create and Craft where she would stamp and glitter the wonderful mandala stamps, then later when she was working with Crafters Companion and had her own range of stamps, Cute Companions. She went onto have several more ranges of stamps lastly with Clarity Stamps and the beautiful flowers (these are still on my wish list at present) which are available in both stamps and Groovi plates.



I made this card below in tribute to Jayne for inspiring me to start on my stamping journey. I still have many of these mandala stamps in my stash along with more glitter than I will probably ever use.



My thoughts and prayers are with Jayne's family at this sad time.

Sue

14 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Sue, your card is absolutely beautiful and what a perfect tribute to such a lovely and talented lady. I remember watching Jayne many years ago doing her stamping, probably on C&C at that time, and she got me hooked too. God bless her and her family. I'm so glad that she got to see Barbra Gray showcasing her work again recently, it must have brought her great joy. It's a wonderful card Sue. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Karen Petitt said...

Sue your card is beautiful. In fact it was Jayne that kicked of an obsession I had with glitter for a while. I still have some of that original top quality glitter and several favourite mandala stamps were purchased because of how Jayne showed they could be used. Your card is a beautiful tribute huni xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous card and wonderful tribute to someone that inspired you. Take care xx

Flo Langley said...

How very sad. I was only thinking of Jayne the other day (fairy stamps). I am out of touch and didn't know she had been so poorly. This is a beautiful tribute to her Sue. She was such a lovely lady and true inspiration to so many.
Hugs Flo x

Sue - said...

What a very fitting tribute to Jayne! She was also the reason I started stamping, Christmas cards, stamped and glittered on acetate, I'd probably think twice before I did them now, but then I just went ahead and had a go.

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Sue, a fitting tribute to a talented lady.
Pauline
x

rachel said...

what a wonderful tribute Sue - a stunning card that Jayne would have adored. Sending hugs! Rachel x

Barb said...

I was shocked to read that Jayne had passed away and didn't know that she was ill.

I also have several mandala stamps through being inspired by Jayne in my very early days of crafting. Your card is a beautiful tribute to Jayne Sue. Hugs, Barbxx

Di said...

Beautiful card Sue and such a lovely tribute to Jayne as well. She was so talented and I'm sure that many of us started our crafting journey partly due to her inspiration.

Hugs

Di xx

Liz said...

A gorgeous card, Sue, and a perfect tribute to a very talented lady. xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

It's so sad to see that such young and beautiful women lost her battle with cancer!! Although doctors can do a lot somethimes we loose! You made a beautiful card as tribute to this lady!! Take care dearSue!!
Greetings
Maria

aussie aNNie said...

Heartwarming tribute to a sad loss.xx

Wynn said...

Beautiful tribute to a clever and talented lady. Wynn x

Carol said...

Lovely tribute Sue. I too was a Mandala fan and still have the stamps. Jayne was a lovely lady in every sense of the word. We will miss her.